Monday, August 11, 2008

Camping







Well Mayson is 5 and Ashlynne is 3 and I thought it was time that they experienced camping, so I brought the idea up with my friend Bryan and with three of his kids we all went camping. We left work early on Friday and got packed up and headed up to Mantua. I was going to borrow my in-laws tent but it was nowhere to be found so I bought one before heading up. When we got to the camp ground it was a nice place although the camp was really packed and it felt crowded. All in all it was fun though as we did all the things I did when I was young; smores, cane fishing, bows and arrows. The only down falls were the tent and that night. The tent was impossible to set up Bryan and I were pouring over the picture instructions all the time trying to keep an eye out on the 5 little kids, but we got it in a tent form and then I realized that I’m too old to sleep on the ground eeek.

6 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

Fun, I remember seeing pictures of when we used to camp when we were little. I can't believe how long Ashlynn's hair is. Did you not bring a pad to sleep on under your sleeping bag? Either way it is rather uncomfortable.

Kory Jane said...

Um, why can't we live by you and I would have sent my three kids with you as well? That is so great that you would take them camping by yourself. I knew you would be a great dad. Ha ha, I can't even lay on the floor for too long or I get creaky.

Thor'sblog said...

well we brought a blow up matress but forgot the attachment to use the pump with the power outlet and we were only there one night so there wasnt time to do it by mouth :)

Tooele Brezoff said...

Looks like you guys had a "great" time! Please bring this idea up again soon! I loved the nice quite evening with just 1 kid!

Anonymous said...

I love to camp also. Sure wish we could of been there. I'm quite good at setting up tents!!! (all those years in YW). So where were the wives? The little air matress that you buy for the pool also work really good under a sleeping bag and you can blow them up with your mouth. I am proud of you. Keep going and you will learn more tricks of the camp. See you in Sept.

Stac said...

I love that you went camping... and I understand the too old to sleep on the ground. Its a pain to set up but air mattresses are a camping must after the age of 22.