Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Commute

So I thought I would blog about the joins of commuting, see I live 35 miles away from my job and this is usually spent as 35 min on the road in mine or a fellow carpooler’s car. However yesterday was a little different, we left work slightly late but nothing that would have delayed us. I was driving my car and when we got down I-215 the signs said “right lanes closed at mile post 314 expect serious delays”. This is something that we have seen through the construction season that is summer in Utah and thought great it’s going to take another 15 min to get home tonight, boy we were wrong! Just after the sign 215 stopped, and when I mean stopped I mean we were moving as fast as kiddy ride in Disney Land. We made an educated decision to get off at the next exit and try an alternate road Redwood. When we got to redwood the cars were lined up all the way north to a point where we could not see an end. Trying desperately to hear on the radio what was going on we headed back south to try to make our way to I-15. We got to I-15 and it was stopped to. One hour and a half since we have left work we passed the reason things were so bad. An oversized tanker had flipped off its truck and slid to block all of I-15. It was amazing to see but the three hour commute was not a great price to pay for this show. (Although to see Beau’s bare feet hanging out my back window didn’t help either)

8 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

Should have moved to Tooele! hahaha
That sucks it took you so long!

Lisa said...

Oh yuck! We saw all that on the news and felt bad for anyone stuck there. But, I'm sure when I tell Russ you were stuck he will just laugh! Gotta love him!
I hope work is going well! T said that is has gotten busy again, must be a nice change!

The Thompson Family said...

I don't miss commuting I will have to say that. The pictures look cool though. Sorry you got stuck in traffic with Beau's bare feet. :-)

Alienfloyd said...

This traffic jam brought to you by Rocky Anderson and the Sierra Club!!!Cheers

BeauRollins said...

FYI, my feet are well groomed. Thor's car was overheating and only two windows roll down, so yes, I was trying not to die from heat exhaustion.

Jen-Knee said...

Oh the horror of that day. But thanks to you I didn't have to sit in traffic for 3 hours just 1.5 hours. yuck!

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you get a picture of Beau's feet? That would of been interesting. I am glad that your dad was not there - his idea of hell is a traffic jam in a foreign car!!!

Tooele Brezoff said...

Thank you Thor!