Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rome part 2

The second day in Rome was a half day, we needed to catch the train to Milan at 3pm and honestly the trains here in Europe are wonderful. We went to the Coliseum (which we could see from our hotel) and the forum. This was so impressive and I really wish I could see it when it was at its peak.


I tried taking two photos of the area and put the together I overlapped some but you get the idea

The side of the Coliseum the holes are where they chipped the exterior away to use for other buildings mostly in St Peter's square



this was the floor those ruins were put in 10 years after it was originally built before then it was hallow and could be filled with water to reenact ship battles.
Closer look at the ruins under the floor

a view from the top of the Forum

This was called "The Arena" not sure what it was used for.
I thought this ruin was cool looking




one of the buildings from the forum

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so amazing!!! I kept looking for Russell Crowe in your pictures.

Sally said...

Do you know how incredibly jealous Josh is that you were in Rome?!!

Stac said...

Those are amazing. I loved visiting Italy. Did you get your picture with a gladiator? You could've worn the Thor helmet.