Friday, June 17, 2011

New York 2011- Part One

So I had a trade show in NYC this month and Jen was lucky to come along and make it a workcation. We had a lot of fun and there is so much to see that we didn't even scratch the surface. We are glad to be home though!


Our hotel was in Time Square and this seems great but every time we walked out the front of the hotel there were a ton of people and also guys trying to sell you stuff. Next time I will be staying off Broadway. (although I did a little dance just so I can say I performed on Broadway!!)


This was my favorite part of NYC, Central Park. It was so nice and you didn't even know you were in one of the biggest cities in the world once you stepped inside. There was a ton to see and do. We spent two hole days walking through the whole thing.

Jen is sitting on one of the huge rock formations in the park. This is what the landscape would have looked like before the city and this foundation allows them to build all these huge buildings. This is one of the few pictures Jen would pose for, but she is so beautiful I had to get one.





We went looking for the temple and at first we couldn't find it right away because it seriously blends in with the buildings around until we saw the Moroni right on top. Right below it and to the left of the picture is an art gallery.







This is a statue that was in the plaza of the twin towers. When they came down they went in to the plaza and it was still sitting there. It has damage but mostly its still the same so they moved it to a park and lit a flame. It was pretty cool.

















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow a post!!! I really enjoyed your pictures. I had to look at them twice due to the fact that I was still in shock the first time. Love you all!

The Thompson Family said...

I'm jealous. Look at all of this travelling you get to do. Maybe we can travel together somewhere in the future. Love you,

Stac said...

Awesome pictures... and I'm jealous!